Neilson Hays Library Restoration Project 2017: necessary interior renovation and repair of caisson foundations. Designed in 1920 by the Italian architect Mario Tamagno, the Neilson Hays Library opened in June 1922. It is a listed historic building which houses a collection of 20,000 books. Originally founded in 1869, the collection moved between several temporary locations until the construction of the present neoclassical building. The Library Association funded extensive restoration after the Second World War. The sesquicentennial of the Association will be in 2019 and the centennial of the building will be celebrated in 2022. The Neilson Hays Library Restoration Project is a preparation for these events and is part of a continuing preservation scheme for the maintenance of an historic building. The Association is making an appeal for funds. Members, Friends, and Volunteers are kindly invited to help with publicity.